Bertin Pharma has more than two decades of experience in ImmunoPharmacology, ImmunoToxicology, Immunogenicity, Immunomonitoring and handling and storage (biobanking) of human and animal samples to evidence the efficacy and safety of vaccines, adjuvant and immune therapies.
Our complete immunomonitoring solution: “PharmImmune” for Pharma and also nutraceutic & cosmetology
Bertin Pharma and CEA offers also a joint solution, named since 2012 “PharmImmune” (lien vers site), with a set of competence and shared-equipment dedicated to monitoring the innate & adaptive immune responses in cell cultures or after administration of a drug candidate in animals (non human primates (NHP), mice and other animal species), healthy volunteers or patients (Central Lab).
From 2015, Bertin Pharma will be in charge of the operational management of the new created Biological Resources Center (BRC) within the National Infrastructure IDMIT.
BSL2/3 facilities & animal facilities for immunomonitoring.
In other words, knowhow and equipment e.g. 4 flow cytometers and one mass cytometer in FlowCytech facilities to explore all aspects of the immune system in various diseases (infectious diseases, oncology, autoimmune diseases, chronic inflammation, etc.) and to evaluate the efficacy and/or safety of new therapeutic approaches to any type of molecules (NCE, vaccines, adjuvants, therapeutic proteins, gene therapies, etc.).
Bertin Pharma works with human and animal samples with facilities and animal facilities including BSL2/BSL3 rooms located in close proximity and allowing handling of infectious specimens. A cell sorter is also located in BSL3 conditions allowing specific isolation of cell subpopulations.
This immune platform is not only focused on Pharma/Biotechs but also dedicated to explore beneficial and deleterious effects on the immune system of new products in nutraceutics and cosmetics.
A custom service to meet your needs in Immunology and/or immunomonitoring
In PharmImmune platform, we can use all these following assays:
• specific T lymphocyte response against mitogens, antigens, peptides, vaccines or allergens (proliferative response, ELISpot)
• antigen presentation assays using human dendritic cells (DC) and monocytes/macrophages – primary cultures & cocultures of APC DC &monocytes/macrophages, neutrophils, lymphocytes…) and assessment of their differentiation, maturation & classical functions
• flow cytometry for immunophenotyping & intracellular staining including ICS, mass cytometry and cell sorting
• dosage of cytokines or other cell factors such as histamine, eicosanoids, GSH, etc. (EIA, RIA, multiplexed assays and cell-based assay)
• mRNA expression by quantitative RT-qPCR –microarray protein & gene arrays (multiple cytokine protein array & multiple inflammatory gene array) Natural killer (NK), antibody-dependant cell cytotoxicity (ADCC) & cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) activities
• neutralization tests for ADA and viral neutralisation
– chemotaxis assay
– apoptosis assay…